A simple pasta recipe to quickly ease the hunger of your unexpected guests or if you are in the mood of comfort food.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- One small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500 gr (17oz) tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil, oregano, rosemary or use mixed Italian herbs
- 250 gr (9 oz) Plantcraft pepperoni chopped
- 400 gr (14 oz) of pasta of your choice – we used spaghetti
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot, add the chopped pepperoni and fry them for about 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan and, using the same oil, sauté the onions and garlic. Pour in the tomato sauce and season it with salt, pepper, herbs and throw the pepperoni slices back in. Occasionally stirring, bring to a boil.
Meanwhile prepare pasta according to cooking directions.
Pour pepperoni sauce over hot pasta and serve it with your favourite plant-based mozzarella or parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!