We love pizza because it’s easy, quick and it’s kind of a creative project. We made ours from scratch but you can use ready made pizza base and tomato sauce and finish it off with your favourite toppings. We added vegan cream cheese and the result was magnificent.
1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry yeast
- 2,5 cups flour plus more for surface
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 400 g (14 oz) can of crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper, salt
- Vegan mozzarella or homemade cashew cheese
- Spring onion
- Vegan cream cheese
- Fresh basil
- In a bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in water and let it stand for about 5-10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and start mixing until it forms a smooth dough. Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- While your dough is resting, make the tomato sauce. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for another couple of minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and complete it with herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes then set it aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 portions. Make a ball of each portion and roll or stretch them out into a round shape.
- Place your pizza base on an oiled baking sheet, top it with tomato sauce, cheese, spring onion, pepperoni and toss a few teaspoons of cream cheese on the top. Bake it for about 20 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. Sprinkle it with fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!